Honiton: Relief for Hale Lane residents
Road improvement works are under way.
WORKMEN have arrived in Hale Lane, Honiton, to carry out much-needed road improvements.
Campaigning town councillor Dianne Morgan said she was delighted to see work start on the estate’s access road today (Monday).
Hale Lane has suffered from flooding and was virtually cut off from adjoining Kings Road during the big freeze last winter.
“I am pleased for the residents of Hale Lane, because the road is their only way in and out,” said Councillor Morgan.
You may also want to watch:
She paid tribute to district and county councillor Paul Diviani, who worked tirelessly to secure funding for the work.
A new gulley is being installed, with a porous pipe, and sections of the road will be resurfaced.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 3 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 6 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 7 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 Heatwave stops play at Axminster Bowls
- 10 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding