Honiton: Relief for Hale Lane residents
Road improvement works are under way.
WORKMEN have arrived in Hale Lane, Honiton, to carry out much-needed road improvements.
Campaigning town councillor Dianne Morgan said she was delighted to see work start on the estate’s access road today (Monday).
Hale Lane has suffered from flooding and was virtually cut off from adjoining Kings Road during the big freeze last winter.
“I am pleased for the residents of Hale Lane, because the road is their only way in and out,” said Councillor Morgan.
You may also want to watch:
She paid tribute to district and county councillor Paul Diviani, who worked tirelessly to secure funding for the work.
A new gulley is being installed, with a porous pipe, and sections of the road will be resurfaced.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 3 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 4 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 5 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 6 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 10 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future