Honiton: Relief for Hale Lane residents
Road improvement works are under way.
WORKMEN have arrived in Hale Lane, Honiton, to carry out much-needed road improvements.
Campaigning town councillor Dianne Morgan said she was delighted to see work start on the estate’s access road today (Monday).
Hale Lane has suffered from flooding and was virtually cut off from adjoining Kings Road during the big freeze last winter.
“I am pleased for the residents of Hale Lane, because the road is their only way in and out,” said Councillor Morgan.
You may also want to watch:
She paid tribute to district and county councillor Paul Diviani, who worked tirelessly to secure funding for the work.
A new gulley is being installed, with a porous pipe, and sections of the road will be resurfaced.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK