Honiton residents march against cuts to public services
Outing to London for TUC event.
HONITON residents were on the march in London on Saturday protesting against cuts to public services.
Among them was former mayoress Sheila Whitlock and Tony and Edna Simpson.
The TUC-organised event was the biggest demonstration to have taken place in Britain for 20 years.
Marchers want the government to consider alternatives to cuts.
You may also want to watch:
Those from Honiton said they enjoyed the tremendous carnival atmosphere of the occasion.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism