Honiton residents urged to wave off intrepid firefighters
COME out and support your firefighters! That s the message residents in Honiton are being sent ahead of a major event in the town on Saturday morning.
COME out and support your firefighters! That's the message residents in Honiton are being sent ahead of a major event in the town on Saturday morning.
A team of firefighters, led by ex-Royal Marine Richard Branson, will be setting off from Honiton Fire Station at 9.30am to travel to Fort William for the start of the Three Peaks Challenge.
The team is to undertake the gruelling adventure to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Care and the Firefighters' Benevolent Fund.
The undertaking was inspired by colleague Jock Malcolm, who has undergone surgery and a course of chemotherapy to treat stomach cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Malcolm is supporting the team.
Support the firefighters by waving them off from the fire station.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax