Honiton residents urged to wave off intrepid firefighters
COME out and support your firefighters! That s the message residents in Honiton are being sent ahead of a major event in the town on Saturday morning.
COME out and support your firefighters! That's the message residents in Honiton are being sent ahead of a major event in the town on Saturday morning.
A team of firefighters, led by ex-Royal Marine Richard Branson, will be setting off from Honiton Fire Station at 9.30am to travel to Fort William for the start of the Three Peaks Challenge.
The team is to undertake the gruelling adventure to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Care and the Firefighters' Benevolent Fund.
The undertaking was inspired by colleague Jock Malcolm, who has undergone surgery and a course of chemotherapy to treat stomach cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Malcolm is supporting the team.
Support the firefighters by waving them off from the fire station.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 5 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 6 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 7 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 8 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 9 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 10 Author's school visit takes the biscuit