Honiton residents urged to wave off intrepid firefighters
COME out and support your firefighters! That s the message residents in Honiton are being sent ahead of a major event in the town on Saturday morning.
COME out and support your firefighters! That's the message residents in Honiton are being sent ahead of a major event in the town on Saturday morning.
A team of firefighters, led by ex-Royal Marine Richard Branson, will be setting off from Honiton Fire Station at 9.30am to travel to Fort William for the start of the Three Peaks Challenge.
The team is to undertake the gruelling adventure to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Care and the Firefighters' Benevolent Fund.
The undertaking was inspired by colleague Jock Malcolm, who has undergone surgery and a course of chemotherapy to treat stomach cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Malcolm is supporting the team.
Support the firefighters by waving them off from the fire station.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter