Honiton residents urged to wave off intrepid firefighters
COME out and support your firefighters! That s the message residents in Honiton are being sent ahead of a major event in the town on Saturday morning.
COME out and support your firefighters! That's the message residents in Honiton are being sent ahead of a major event in the town on Saturday morning.
A team of firefighters, led by ex-Royal Marine Richard Branson, will be setting off from Honiton Fire Station at 9.30am to travel to Fort William for the start of the Three Peaks Challenge.
The team is to undertake the gruelling adventure to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Care and the Firefighters' Benevolent Fund.
The undertaking was inspired by colleague Jock Malcolm, who has undergone surgery and a course of chemotherapy to treat stomach cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Malcolm is supporting the team.
Support the firefighters by waving them off from the fire station.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 8 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back