Honiton rockers’ date with Shane MacGowan
Sweet Black Angels perform at The Pogues’ last ever gig. Now it is make or break time - the Angels are to make a decision about the band’s future.
A HONITON rock band ended 2010 on a high, entertaining crowds in London at its biggest gig to date.
Sweet Black Angels and a bus of supporters made it through heavy snow to support The Pogues at their last ever gig on December 21.
However, the day was far from plain sailing as some of the band members were forced to pull out due to the weather.
Band members Scott Phillips and Smoo had to improvise a set, which went down well with the crowd.
You may also want to watch:
Lead singer and guitarist Scott said: “A great night was had by all. We left Honiton at 11.50am and didn’t get back until 7am the next morning.
“We want to say a massive thanks to everyone who came up on the bus to support us.”
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
However, the future of the Sweet Black Angels is far from certain, as the band faces making a tough decision - to continue or pack up.
Scott added: “After commitment issues that were apparent on the day within the band, there will either be changes in the New Year or we will be calling it a day, but it’s something we will be thinking about strongly.
“Personally, it has been a pleasure supporting two of my idols, Shane MacGowan and Mark Chadwick from the Levellers, in the last year and I hope we’ve done Honiton proud with our achievements.”
For more information visit www.facebook.com/sweetblackangels