Honiton’s A1 Print and Stitch owners to skydive for Freewheelers
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a Honiton-based embroidery company are set to overcome their fears and plunge from a plane to raise money for the Devon Freewheelers.
Karen Bralsford and Shelley Roe-Lavery, who run A1 Print and Stitch in Heathpark Industrial Estate, will travel to Dunkeswell Airfield on Monday, August 22, to complete the skydive.
The pair have so far raised around £400 for the Honiton-based bloodbikes charity, and say they would like to raise £1,000 in total by the end of their jump.
Karen said: “I am very scared of heights but I am doing this because it’s my business partner’s husband who runs the Devon Freewheelers.
“I also think this is something you just have to do, once in your life.
You may also want to watch:
“This is our way of giving back to Honiton - we have been here for four years and it’s time we did something like this to thank the support we have been given by the community.”
Shelley, who is married to Dan Lavery, founder of the Devon Freewheelers, said: “I personally want to give something back to the Devon Freewheelers.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
“This is also for our business - if it was not for the general public of Honiton, we would not be here today.
“The Devon Freewheelers is a massive part of my life and what they have achieved in the last five years is amazing. This skydive opportunity came up and I thought I had to go for it.”
There are sponsorship forms available in A1 Print and Stitch, in Units 10 and 11 in the Heathpark Estate.