Honiton’s bid for faster broadband
Honiton residents can vote to bring faster broadband to the town as part of BTs Race to Infinity campaign.
HONITON residents can register their interest for high speed broadband as BT prepares to launch its latest super-fast service.
The BT Infinity service, which will be rolled out to selected areas of the country, will give service users a much faster broadband connection using fibre optic cables.
BT launched its Race to Infinity campaign last month, which comes to an end on December 31.
As part of the campaign, BT has been measuring the demand for fibre optic broadband across the UK by identifying areas of high demand.
You may also want to watch:
The winning areas will be upgraded by early 2012 at the latest.
The company hopes to have made the super-fast service available to four million premises by the end of 2012 and it plans to add another 12 million by 2015.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying
BT will also be rolling-out its 21st century network broadband, which will provide up to 20Mb and will be coming to Honiton. However, the speed is dependent on the distance from the exchange.
A spokesman from BT said: “Honiton is not currently in the super fast fibre broadband roll-out programme, but the idea of this survey is so BT can gauge demand and use that to help its future roll-out strategy.
Consumers can register their interest by going to the website www.bt.com/infinity