Honiton’s Christmas Carnival is a festive success
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds flocked to High Street to see floats parade through town
The sights and sounds of the festive season roared into Honiton at the weekend as the town held its annual Christmas carnival.
The event, which was held by Honiton’s carnival committee on Saturday (December 6), saw floats of all shapes, sizes and colours wow spectators, when they paraded through High Street.
Karen Wilson, committee secretary, said: “It was a good night weather-wise and it was nice to have all of the little ones out and enjoying the Father Christmases and music. The street collection was good too - we made about £550, which will be shared out between local organisations at the end of the financial year.
“Everyone had a very good time.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a fun carnival and the last on the East Devon carnival circuit.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone