Honiton’s Mayor ‘a saint’
Vernon Whitlock ‘kept order’ at public meeting.
For the first time ever, I decided to attend a town council meeting last night to air my views on what I would want to see from our long overdue community centre.
As a mum of two small children, who are the future of our wonderful town, for me it is about keeping them off the streets and encouraging them to be part of our community.
I wish to congratulate all members of the town council who have brought The Beehive this far.
I am especially in awe of our wonderful town mayor. To witness him in action was truly inspirational.
He has the patience of a saint and kept the meeting in order beautifully.
As for the small majority, who threw their toys out of the pram and walked out, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
- 1 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 3 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 4 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 5 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 6 Police investigate assault at Axe Vale Show
- 7 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
- 8 Chilcotts youngest auctioneer to feature in BBC show
- 9 Neighbourhood plan launched for Broadclyst
- 10 East Devon pensioner given suspended jail for groping teenager
I have been brought up to respect my elders and treat people as I would wish to be treated, but can honestly say that I was shocked and disappointed by your behaviour.