Honiton’s Mayor ‘a saint’
Vernon Whitlock ‘kept order’ at public meeting.
For the first time ever, I decided to attend a town council meeting last night to air my views on what I would want to see from our long overdue community centre.
As a mum of two small children, who are the future of our wonderful town, for me it is about keeping them off the streets and encouraging them to be part of our community.
I wish to congratulate all members of the town council who have brought The Beehive this far.
I am especially in awe of our wonderful town mayor. To witness him in action was truly inspirational.
You may also want to watch:
He has the patience of a saint and kept the meeting in order beautifully.
As for the small majority, who threw their toys out of the pram and walked out, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
I have been brought up to respect my elders and treat people as I would wish to be treated, but can honestly say that I was shocked and disappointed by your behaviour.