Honiton Show - everything you need to know
ACCOMPANIED children under the age of 16 are to be given free entry to this year s Honiton Show.
ACCOMPANIED children under the age of 16 are to be given free entry to this year's Honiton Show.
Honiton and District Agricultural Society, which is staging its 119th show, one of the largest one-day events of its kind in the country, on Thursday, August 6.
Tickets for adults are on sale now, priced �10.50 each. The price on the day will be �12.50.
Advance tickets are available from www.honitonshow.co.uk, Honiton Tourist Information Centre, Honiton Toy Shop and Stags.
You may also want to watch:
THE 119th Honiton Show will take place on Thursday, August 6 - promising a great day out for all the family.
All the usual delights will be on offer, along with a host of new attractions.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Gallery applauded for resilience and creativity during 'very tough times'
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 7 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 8 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 9 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 10 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
Donkey rides will be available for the first time ever.
Main ring attractions include the Callow Street Paraders, a marching jazz band which has previously entertained crowds at the Earls Court Boat Show and abroad, the Rockwood Dog Display Team and Jason Smyth's Adrenalin Tour.
The West of England Hound Show will be incorporated into the event and alpaca classes, introduced last year, are being extended. More than 90 entries have already received.
Blacksmith skills will be under the spotlight and more than 100 vintage tractors will be on display.
A free bus service to the Weston showground will operate from outside Lace Walk, in Honiton High Street.
The bus will run from 8.39pm with half-hourly return services.
The aim of Honiton and District Agricultural Association is to promote agriculture and related industries in the local area.
During Honiton Show a wide range of displays will be on offer to demonstrate how farming methods have changed over the years.
A cider press, operated by a donkey, will be on display.
A special countryside and rural skills area will be a feature.
MORE than 400 trade stands will be at this year's Honiton Show - including the Midweek Herald.
Feel free to visit the Herald's stand at any time during the day.
ALL the traditional 'greats' of Honiton Show will be there for visitors on August 6.
There will, of course, be a beer tent, plus the usual food and craft halls.
A poultry show, dog show and rare breeds tent are among the other attractions.
Local produce will be a strong theme at the event, with everything from honey to meats on offer.
ENTRIES in the horse and livestock classes have broken more records again this year, organisers of Honiton Show have revealed.