Honiton Show goes ahead
Wet weather fails to stop farmers’ big day. Traffic moving freely on A30. Show signage clear on the approach to site.
Honiton Show is going ahead today (Thursday), defying an unprecedented period of heavy rain.
Although the heavens opened once again yesterday, show organisers put in place a variety of measures to keep the ground suitable for today’s big event.
Traditionally held on the first Thursday in August, the show was postponed following a wash-out start to the summer.
Clear signage on the A30 is aiding traffic flow and, at 9am, only a short queue was spotted on the approach to the show entrance.
You may also want to watch:
Open until 6pm, the show boasts a fantastic range of entertainment for all the family.
The Midweek Herald is there! Come and see us in our static caravan - we have teamed up with sister publication Devon Life for the day.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery