Honiton sixth formers rise to a bake-off challenge
- Credit: Archant
Valentine-themed cakes fetch £167 for British Heart Foundation
Sixth formers at Honiton Community College rose to the challenge during a bake-off competition.
They created a range of delicious Valentine-themed cakes which they later sold to fellow students and staff, raising £167.27.
The charity that they chose to receive the money was the British Heart Foundation.
Head of Sixth Form, Selena Burroughs, said she was delighted at the amount of entries the funds raised.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “The students love a bake off competition and the cakes they baked were of amazing quality and design. A hard job for the judges to call the winner but congratulations to all the sixth formers who helped make this event a success.”
The winners were: best student entry -Tia James; Loveliest (best fit to the Valentine theme) - Rachel Larcombe; best staff entry - Selena Burroughs; best taste - Ella George.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery