Honiton social club donation helps Beavers
- Credit: Archant
£600 was donated by the Vine Social Club, in Honiton, which selected the 1st Honiton Scouts as its chosen charity last year.
Honiton Leonard Beavers have used a £600 donation to buy several useful items for their future activities.
The money was donated by the Vine Social Club, in Honiton, which selected the 1st Honiton Scouts as its chosen charity last year. Scout leader Helen Turner and the youngsters met with Mike Foxwell, Richard Isaac and Pete Hawley, from the social club, to show them how the money had been spent.
Helen said: “We thought that it would be good to invite them to the scout hall and show them what we bought with the £600 donation that they gave us.
“We bought 28 compasses in a special padded carry case, a set of saucepans, some frying pans, a wok, a tool box with basic tools for everyday jobs, a doorbell and a carbon monoxide detector.”
You may also want to watch:
1st Honiton Scouts would like to thank the social club for the donation which has been used to buy all the items.
Helen added that the compasses will get used ‘quite a bit’ by the different scouting sections.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
For more about scouting, check out honitonscouts.org.uk