Honiton sports hub takes another step forward
Association formed to manage complex
Project leaders say they are certain the move is a step forward.
The association is likely to manage proposed new sports facilities at Tower Cross.
Honiton Development Trust will hold a lease to the site.
Dr Jeremy Gibson, chairman of Active Honiton, told the Midweek Herald that a meeting was held last Friday to discuss the formation of an association.
“It will be a recognised body and capable of receiving gift aid,” he said.
“It will also have certain tax benefits.”
- 1 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 2 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 3 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 4 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 5 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 6 New Repair Cafe to open in Honiton next month
- 7 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 8 Vintage Sports Cars grace the Wiscombe Park track
- 9 Pub organises fundraising gigs for Ukraine
- 10 New unit to be built opposite Hangar two at Dunkeswell Airfield
The association will be open to all.
Dr Gibson added: “The association will be able to have a trading arm, meaning profits are fed back in to support its work.
“I genuinely think we are on the move.”