Honiton sports hub takes another step forward
Association formed to manage complex
Project leaders say they are certain the move is a step forward.
The association is likely to manage proposed new sports facilities at Tower Cross.
Honiton Development Trust will hold a lease to the site.
Dr Jeremy Gibson, chairman of Active Honiton, told the Midweek Herald that a meeting was held last Friday to discuss the formation of an association.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a recognised body and capable of receiving gift aid,” he said.
“It will also have certain tax benefits.”
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 4 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 5 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 6 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 7 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 8 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
The association will be open to all.
Dr Gibson added: “The association will be able to have a trading arm, meaning profits are fed back in to support its work.
“I genuinely think we are on the move.”