Honiton sports hub takes another step forward
Association formed to manage complex
Project leaders say they are certain the move is a step forward.
The association is likely to manage proposed new sports facilities at Tower Cross.
Honiton Development Trust will hold a lease to the site.
Dr Jeremy Gibson, chairman of Active Honiton, told the Midweek Herald that a meeting was held last Friday to discuss the formation of an association.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a recognised body and capable of receiving gift aid,” he said.
“It will also have certain tax benefits.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 7 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 8 Home care business receives prestigious national popularity award
- 9 Yarty Party is back with a line-up to lift spirits and entertain
- 10 Axe Valley Runners in Exeter Quay race
The association will be open to all.
Dr Gibson added: “The association will be able to have a trading arm, meaning profits are fed back in to support its work.
“I genuinely think we are on the move.”