Honiton Surgery invitation to carers
Newly identified carers offered health and wellbeing checks.
Newly identified carers are being offered health and wellbeing checks at Honiton Surgery.
The hour long check gives carers an opportunity to assess and discuss with a nurse their physical, mental and emotional health, and will offer, where appropriate, a vascular check which predicts the risk of developing problems such as heart disease.
a spokesman for the surgery said: “So often, people do not consider themselves to be a carer, even though they may spend several hours every week caring for a relative, friend or neighbour, and do not realise how important it is to look after their own health.
“If you are a carer, please let a member of staff at Honiton Surgery know.
You may also want to watch:
“They will then ensure that you receive any relevant information or arrange for you to be booked in for a health check with a specially trained member of the nursing team.”
Carers who have had a full health check in the past two years are not included in the new offer. However, if anyone feels they would benefit from a further check up, they should call Lorraine Ritchie at Honiton Surgery.
- 1 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 4 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Plea for help in the community as Devon deals with shortage of carers