Honiton Surgery invitation to carers
Newly identified carers offered health and wellbeing checks.
Newly identified carers are being offered health and wellbeing checks at Honiton Surgery.
The hour long check gives carers an opportunity to assess and discuss with a nurse their physical, mental and emotional health, and will offer, where appropriate, a vascular check which predicts the risk of developing problems such as heart disease.
a spokesman for the surgery said: “So often, people do not consider themselves to be a carer, even though they may spend several hours every week caring for a relative, friend or neighbour, and do not realise how important it is to look after their own health.
“If you are a carer, please let a member of staff at Honiton Surgery know.
You may also want to watch:
“They will then ensure that you receive any relevant information or arrange for you to be booked in for a health check with a specially trained member of the nursing team.”
Carers who have had a full health check in the past two years are not included in the new offer. However, if anyone feels they would benefit from a further check up, they should call Lorraine Ritchie at Honiton Surgery.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust