Honiton to celebrate the Tour of Britain
Three days of events planned to coincide with the cycling event’s visit to the town.
THREE days of events have been planned to mark the Tour of Britain’s visit to Honiton.
The town’s running and cycling clubs, under the umbrella of Sport4Honiton, will be hosting a weekend of activities on September 11 and 12 – ahead of the Tour’s September 14 visit.
The sports festival will include fun runs and bike rides, a duathlon and taster sessions. Leisure East Devon will run a Swim4Free event to coincide with the weekend.
On the day the Tour comes to Honiton, street entertainment will be provided by Boogie Bass Bugs and Allhallows Museum will waive entry fees. Honiton Town Council is supporting the festival.
You may also want to watch:
Certain traders will be offering discounts on September 14. Look out for special leaflets. Visit dedicated website www.sport4honiton.org for the latest information.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 7 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon