Honiton to celebrate the Tour of Britain
Three days of events planned to coincide with the cycling event’s visit to the town.
THREE days of events have been planned to mark the Tour of Britain’s visit to Honiton.
The town’s running and cycling clubs, under the umbrella of Sport4Honiton, will be hosting a weekend of activities on September 11 and 12 – ahead of the Tour’s September 14 visit.
The sports festival will include fun runs and bike rides, a duathlon and taster sessions. Leisure East Devon will run a Swim4Free event to coincide with the weekend.
On the day the Tour comes to Honiton, street entertainment will be provided by Boogie Bass Bugs and Allhallows Museum will waive entry fees. Honiton Town Council is supporting the festival.
You may also want to watch:
Certain traders will be offering discounts on September 14. Look out for special leaflets. Visit dedicated website www.sport4honiton.org for the latest information.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 3 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 4 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 5 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 6 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 7 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 8 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon