Bertie, Honiton’s cuddly toy bear, needs a new home
- Credit: Archant
A four-foot tall cuddly toy bear is being raffled at Honiton to aid the FORCE cancer charity.
The furry friend, called Bertie, was donated by Maggie Wynn, owner of Just Cards in Honiton High Street.
She wanted to raise money for FORCE, which provides support for people affected by cancer at the town's hospital every Friday.
And organisers thought the perfect location to find a new home for Bertie was in the Honiton offices of estate agent and property experts Greenslade Taylor Hunt.
Tickets for the Bertie Bear draw cost £1 a strip.
You may also want to watch:
The draw to find his forever home will be made on Friday, December 13.
Stephen Gardner, residential partner at GTH, said: "I thought it was a lovely cause to support. We're using our online channels to spread the word and try and sell as many tickets as we can."
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
FORCE stands for Friends of the Oncology and Radiotherapy Centre Exeter. Visit its website at: www.forcecancercharity.co.uk