Honiton vision awareness charity supports fellow eyesight cause
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton vision awareness charity has supported a fellow cause.
Axminster Macular Support Group has thanked Leanne Greengrass, founder of See the Future, for a £500 donation.
Ady Henderson, society volunteer at Macular Society, said: “This gift means so much to us.
“We can continue to support our members living within the Axminster community and surrounding villages for another year.
“The connection, friendship and shared experiences provide a much-needed support network for those experiencing and for those living with this common eye complaint.”
You may also want to watch:
The Macular Society fights to end sight loss caused by macular disease.
Every day over 200 people in the UK face the shock of a diagnosis of macular disease.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
The Axminster Macular Support Group meets the first Friday of every month (except August) from 10.30am to noon.
Members meet at the Senior Citizens Centre, Church Street.
For more information, call 01404 831470.