Honiton will be ‘pinker than Taunton ‘
Fantastic support for Cancer Research UK pilot project.
MORE businesses in Honiton have signed up for a Cancer Research UK pilot project than in Taunton.
Executive members of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry heard at a meeting last week that 95 traders have signed up for Turn Honiton Pink.
“That is twice as many as in Taunton,” said the chamber’s secretary, Margaret Lewis.
Colin Wright, the chamber’s chairman, said: “That is fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Lewis is doing her best to visit every business in the town ahead of the October 16 event.
A fund-raising launch, with a pink theme, will be held at Allhallows Museum the evening before the big day.
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 4 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 5 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 6 Keeping in time with the rest of the country
- 7 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 8 Town group marks national u3a day in style
- 9 Summer has arrived at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
Honiton Community Hospital has asked to take part and Tesco has given a �10 gift voucher, which must be spent on draw prizes in the store, to support the event.
Anybody who has not yet heard from Margaret, but who would like to take part, can contact her on (01404) 42002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org