Honiton will be ‘pinker than Taunton ‘
Fantastic support for Cancer Research UK pilot project.
MORE businesses in Honiton have signed up for a Cancer Research UK pilot project than in Taunton.
Executive members of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry heard at a meeting last week that 95 traders have signed up for Turn Honiton Pink.
“That is twice as many as in Taunton,” said the chamber’s secretary, Margaret Lewis.
Colin Wright, the chamber’s chairman, said: “That is fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Lewis is doing her best to visit every business in the town ahead of the October 16 event.
A fund-raising launch, with a pink theme, will be held at Allhallows Museum the evening before the big day.
- 1 Honiton councillor speaks out over racist graffiti on town pub
- 2 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 3 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 6 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 7 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 8 Honiton searching for a first win of the season
- 9 Devon and Exeter League Results
- 10 Tesco community fund helps initiative that reunites people
Honiton Community Hospital has asked to take part and Tesco has given a �10 gift voucher, which must be spent on draw prizes in the store, to support the event.
Anybody who has not yet heard from Margaret, but who would like to take part, can contact her on (01404) 42002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org