Honiton Wine Fest to be run independently
Organisers plan to go-ahead with event next July.
Honiton Wine Festival is likely to go-ahead, but independently of local organisations.
Scheduled to take place in July next year, a target list of local vineyards, producers and juice manufacturers has been drawn up and a detailed leaflet about the event is being put together next month - to be sent to potential participants.
Nigel Reeve, of Marketing West, who is one of the event organisers, said: “‘We have now spoken to a number of local businesses, both as stand holders and potential sponsors, and the response has been excellent.
“Our plan is to start from potential stand holders based in the centre of Honiton, spreading out until the stands are all sold. This way, the event retains its strong local focus.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Reeve added: “We would like to thank the Honiton chamber for its input up until now.
“We fully understand that the set-up of the chamber means they have to restrict their involvement going forward.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
“Ideally, we can still use their expertise and advice as the event gets nearer. We all have the same goal-to bring business into the area.”