Honiton Wine Fest to be run independently
Organisers plan to go-ahead with event next July.
Honiton Wine Festival is likely to go-ahead, but independently of local organisations.
Scheduled to take place in July next year, a target list of local vineyards, producers and juice manufacturers has been drawn up and a detailed leaflet about the event is being put together next month - to be sent to potential participants.
Nigel Reeve, of Marketing West, who is one of the event organisers, said: “‘We have now spoken to a number of local businesses, both as stand holders and potential sponsors, and the response has been excellent.
“Our plan is to start from potential stand holders based in the centre of Honiton, spreading out until the stands are all sold. This way, the event retains its strong local focus.”
Mr Reeve added: “We would like to thank the Honiton chamber for its input up until now.
“We fully understand that the set-up of the chamber means they have to restrict their involvement going forward.
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 3 Chard youngsters overcome fears and make memories at activity centre
- 4 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
- 5 Talaton gardens re-opens for the summer
- 6 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 7 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 8 Honiton author release new sci-fi drama book
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
“Ideally, we can still use their expertise and advice as the event gets nearer. We all have the same goal-to bring business into the area.”