Honiton Wine Fest to be run independently
Organisers plan to go-ahead with event next July.
Honiton Wine Festival is likely to go-ahead, but independently of local organisations.
Scheduled to take place in July next year, a target list of local vineyards, producers and juice manufacturers has been drawn up and a detailed leaflet about the event is being put together next month - to be sent to potential participants.
Nigel Reeve, of Marketing West, who is one of the event organisers, said: “‘We have now spoken to a number of local businesses, both as stand holders and potential sponsors, and the response has been excellent.
“Our plan is to start from potential stand holders based in the centre of Honiton, spreading out until the stands are all sold. This way, the event retains its strong local focus.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Reeve added: “We would like to thank the Honiton chamber for its input up until now.
“We fully understand that the set-up of the chamber means they have to restrict their involvement going forward.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
“Ideally, we can still use their expertise and advice as the event gets nearer. We all have the same goal-to bring business into the area.”