Honiton woman injured by dog lead
Extending lead wrapped around passer-by and caused painful cut.
A HONITON woman sustained a painful cut to her ankle - by an extending dog lead.
The woman, who does not wish to be named, was walking along the River Gissage, between Whitebridges and Battishorne Road, on Tuesday last week when the injury was sustained.
She told the Midweek Herald that a dog was allowed to chase other dogs while on an extending lead.
“The owner just let it run. The lead ended up around me, resulting in a very painful leg,” the woman said.
You may also want to watch:
“A cut lower down on my ankle started to bleed.”
She is now warning dog owners to be vigiliant when using extending dog leads.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax