Honiton woman injured by dog lead
Extending lead wrapped around passer-by and caused painful cut.
A HONITON woman sustained a painful cut to her ankle - by an extending dog lead.
The woman, who does not wish to be named, was walking along the River Gissage, between Whitebridges and Battishorne Road, on Tuesday last week when the injury was sustained.
She told the Midweek Herald that a dog was allowed to chase other dogs while on an extending lead.
“The owner just let it run. The lead ended up around me, resulting in a very painful leg,” the woman said.
You may also want to watch:
“A cut lower down on my ankle started to bleed.”
She is now warning dog owners to be vigiliant when using extending dog leads.
- 1 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 2 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 3 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Nightingale hospital in running for top industry award
- 6 Honiton’s Julian Phillips wins Devon past Captains event
- 7 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 8 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 9 Axe Valley Runners wear the national jersey
- 10 Three more businesses become plastic-free champions