Honiton Young Farmers’ huge fundraising efforts
Members raise £8,000 for the group’s chosen charities.
Honiton Young Farmers has been getting stuck into fundraising throughout the year.
It has raised £8,000 for its chosen charities, CLIC Sargent and Devon Freewheelers, through various fundraising activities including cake stalls, bingos, quiz nights, raffles and a Charity Twilight Ball which was a sell-out event at the Honiton show ground.
Cheques were presented to the charities at the group’s end of year Harvest Supper.
Members Mark Lee, Beth Hooper, Weasel Hooper, Richard Hurford, John Hurford and Tes Paewai won cups this year. Honiton Young Farmers has thanked all the club members and advisors for all their hard work and enthusiasm over the past year.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining Honiton Young Farmers is urged to come to a new members’ evening on Monday, November 4, which takes place at Awliscombe Village Hall, at 7.30pm.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home