Honiton: Young writers' competition
Write us an original story up to 750 words on any subject you like . That s the challenge Honiton Writers Circle is setting all East Devon children between the ages 5 and 11 in their annual Young Writers Competition.
Write us an original story up to 750 words on any subject you like".
That's the challenge Honiton Writers Circle is setting all East Devon children between the ages 5 and 11 in their annual Young Writers' Competition.
"Last year we had wonderful work from some budding young writers, so we know there is real talent out there," said John Carter one of the competition organisers. "So we say to all you keen young writers, brush the dust of those imaginative ideas you have been storing up and show us what you can do; even if it's your first effort at writing a story have a go."
The entries will be judged by children's writer T. M. Alexander, author of the Tribe books. Sixty three schools are being asked to get involved but any eligible boy or girl can enter. Several winners will be chosen all of who will receive a signed certificate, a gift token and one of the Tribe books, also signed.
You may also want to watch:
. The competition is being supported by the Young Writers Charitable Trust. All entries have to be in by 12th November and winners will be informed and announced at the end of that month; prizes will be presented by the judge shortly afterwards.
"Details of the competition will soon be displayed in schools, village halls, libraries, etc.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 4 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 5 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 6 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
Stories should be sent with a title and a separate sheet showing your name, age, telephone number and address, (with parents/teachers consent, of course) to me, John Carter, Smokey House, Yarcombe, Honiton, Devon EX149AD. Good luck with your entries we can't wait to read them!"
The Honiton Writers Circle meets on the first Thursday of every month. You can find out how to join by talking to Sallyann Sheridan on 07748822750