Honiton: Young writers' competition
Write us an original story up to 750 words on any subject you like . That s the challenge Honiton Writers Circle is setting all East Devon children between the ages 5 and 11 in their annual Young Writers Competition.
Write us an original story up to 750 words on any subject you like".
That's the challenge Honiton Writers Circle is setting all East Devon children between the ages 5 and 11 in their annual Young Writers' Competition.
"Last year we had wonderful work from some budding young writers, so we know there is real talent out there," said John Carter one of the competition organisers. "So we say to all you keen young writers, brush the dust of those imaginative ideas you have been storing up and show us what you can do; even if it's your first effort at writing a story have a go."
The entries will be judged by children's writer T. M. Alexander, author of the Tribe books. Sixty three schools are being asked to get involved but any eligible boy or girl can enter. Several winners will be chosen all of who will receive a signed certificate, a gift token and one of the Tribe books, also signed.
. The competition is being supported by the Young Writers Charitable Trust. All entries have to be in by 12th November and winners will be informed and announced at the end of that month; prizes will be presented by the judge shortly afterwards.
"Details of the competition will soon be displayed in schools, village halls, libraries, etc.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 5 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 6 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 7 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 8 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Looking back on local football in the Devon & Exeter League
Stories should be sent with a title and a separate sheet showing your name, age, telephone number and address, (with parents/teachers consent, of course) to me, John Carter, Smokey House, Yarcombe, Honiton, Devon EX149AD. Good luck with your entries we can't wait to read them!"
The Honiton Writers Circle meets on the first Thursday of every month. You can find out how to join by talking to Sallyann Sheridan on 07748822750