Honour for housekeeper Lyn Halcrow
She is part of village life at Gittisham retirement park.
A WELL-LOVED housekeeper in Gittisham has been recognised for her 20 years of service.
Lyn Halcrow, who is a housekeeper at Gittisham Hill Park retirement village, was celebrated during a special presentation by the manager Carol White and received a nomination for a Lifetime Achievement in Care award.
She has been working as a housekeeper since 2002 and was due to retire last summer but could not bear to leave residents.
The village manager Carol White said: “She is so much a part of village life no one can imagine her not being here.
“Lyn can often be found with her needle and thread in the lounge, surrounded by residents also sewing or knitting, while discussing ‘old times’.
“She’s a favourite with the residents – now we just have to persuade her to stay for another 20 years.”
- 1 Lacemaker whose skills were admired by the Royal family
- 2 Park is clear winner in top awards for planning excellence
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 5 Compensation to given to Clyst St Mary residents affected by sewage
- 6 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
- 7 Invest in your home town by shopping local this Christmas
- 8 Come down to Ashclyst Country Fair this Saturday
- 9 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 10 Lyme Regis gears up for its festivities