Honour for housekeeper Lyn Halcrow
She is part of village life at Gittisham retirement park.
A WELL-LOVED housekeeper in Gittisham has been recognised for her 20 years of service.
Lyn Halcrow, who is a housekeeper at Gittisham Hill Park retirement village, was celebrated during a special presentation by the manager Carol White and received a nomination for a Lifetime Achievement in Care award.
She has been working as a housekeeper since 2002 and was due to retire last summer but could not bear to leave residents.
The village manager Carol White said: “She is so much a part of village life no one can imagine her not being here.
You may also want to watch:
“Lyn can often be found with her needle and thread in the lounge, surrounded by residents also sewing or knitting, while discussing ‘old times’.
“She’s a favourite with the residents – now we just have to persuade her to stay for another 20 years.”
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 3 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 8 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 9 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 10 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink