Honour for housekeeper Lyn Halcrow
She is part of village life at Gittisham retirement park.
A WELL-LOVED housekeeper in Gittisham has been recognised for her 20 years of service.
Lyn Halcrow, who is a housekeeper at Gittisham Hill Park retirement village, was celebrated during a special presentation by the manager Carol White and received a nomination for a Lifetime Achievement in Care award.
She has been working as a housekeeper since 2002 and was due to retire last summer but could not bear to leave residents.
The village manager Carol White said: “She is so much a part of village life no one can imagine her not being here.
You may also want to watch:
“Lyn can often be found with her needle and thread in the lounge, surrounded by residents also sewing or knitting, while discussing ‘old times’.
“She’s a favourite with the residents – now we just have to persuade her to stay for another 20 years.”
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis