Honour for housekeeper Lyn Halcrow
She is part of village life at Gittisham retirement park.
A WELL-LOVED housekeeper in Gittisham has been recognised for her 20 years of service.
Lyn Halcrow, who is a housekeeper at Gittisham Hill Park retirement village, was celebrated during a special presentation by the manager Carol White and received a nomination for a Lifetime Achievement in Care award.
She has been working as a housekeeper since 2002 and was due to retire last summer but could not bear to leave residents.
The village manager Carol White said: “She is so much a part of village life no one can imagine her not being here.
You may also want to watch:
“Lyn can often be found with her needle and thread in the lounge, surrounded by residents also sewing or knitting, while discussing ‘old times’.
“She’s a favourite with the residents – now we just have to persuade her to stay for another 20 years.”
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 3 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 8 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 9 Have your say on future development of village
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help