Horse rescued from ditch
- Credit: Archant
A horse trapped in a ditch near Honiton had to be rescued by a special fire rescue team.
Firefighters from Honiton together with a special rescue team from Clyst St George were called to the incident last Friday, at 2.17pm, which happened at Fenny Bridges towards Feniton, Buckerell Cross.
The horse was found in a ditch, which was approximately 6ft deep and the attendance of a vet was requested by the owner.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival of the vet, the horse was sedated and crews had to cut away brambles to get better access.
“The horse was rescued by the crews and the farmer with a telehandler, small tools and lines.
You may also want to watch:
“Duty of care was left with the owner.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre