Horse stabbed to death
Police investigation under way.
A police investigation is under way after a horse died from stab wounds.
The horse was found dead in a field off Honiton Road, Churchinford, which is on the Devon and Somerset border.
Police have told the Midweek Herald it had suffered serious wounds.
The attack is believed to have happened sometime between Sunday, July 17, and Monday, July 18.
You may also want to watch:
The remains have been sent for a specialist autopsy.
Updates to follow.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents