Horses on the run in Honiton
Woman injured after three horses escape.
A woman was taken to hospital after three horses escaped and went on the run in Honiton.
The horses were discovered running down High Street at around 10.30am yesterday (Monday) and were spotted close to the police station.
Members of the Highways Agency were able to stop the horses in a nearby alleyway.
A spokeswoman for the police said a 30- year-old woman was injured when the horses bolted and was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A vehicle was also damaged in Abington Court.
An eye witness told The Herald he saw the horses “galloping” in the town centre.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
“They seemed to slow down as they approached Budgens, but then carried on,” he said.
The horses were later loaded into a van.