Horses on the run in Honiton
Woman injured after three horses escape.
A woman was taken to hospital after three horses escaped and went on the run in Honiton.
The horses were discovered running down High Street at around 10.30am yesterday (Monday) and were spotted close to the police station.
Members of the Highways Agency were able to stop the horses in a nearby alleyway.
A spokeswoman for the police said a 30- year-old woman was injured when the horses bolted and was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
A vehicle was also damaged in Abington Court.
An eye witness told The Herald he saw the horses “galloping” in the town centre.
- 1 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Tourist blamed satnav for sending him wrong way up A303 dual carriageway
- 4 New artist drawing his way around Seaton
- 5 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
- 6 Repair work on flood damage begins at Axminster bowling club
- 7 Nine-year-old launches fundraising appeal to spruce up RD&E's kids ward
- 8 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 9 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 10 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
“They seemed to slow down as they approached Budgens, but then carried on,” he said.
The horses were later loaded into a van.