Hospiscare nurse wins butchers’ charity draw for lamb dinner
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton butchers has named the winner of its fundraising draw for charity Hospiscare.
Porkies, in New Street, was selling tickets for a leg of lamb, vegetables, stuffing and bottle of wine for £1, with proceeds going towards the end-of-life charity.
The event raised £150 for Hospiscare, which runs the Kings House day hospice in Honiton.
The winner was Angela Phillips, from Broadhembury, who coincidentally has worked for Hospiscare for the last 27 years.
Laurie Spencer, of Porkies, said: “I am really happy that we could do something for a local charity like Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
“It is very fitting that the winner was Angela, who has given years of service to this wonderful charity.”
Hospiscare provides high quality care and support to people with a progressive life-limiting illness.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying
The charity currently has 160 staff and more than 1,000 volunteers.