Hospiscare launches ‘Quit for a Bit’ scheme
Charity is encouraging people to raise money by keeping healthy.
Local charity Hospiscare is launching its new year campaign which could help people to stick to their resolutions in 2014.
Quit for a Bit offers people the chance to be sponsored while they take on the new year’s resolutions they have set for themselves.
Hospiscare is asking anyone who is giving up chocolate, alcohol or smoking for up to four weeks or longer, to ask their friends and family members to sponsor whatever they have chosen to Quit for a Bit, and raise money for the thousands of terminally ill patients in Exeter, Mid and East Devon that the charity helps each year.
Or why not make this the year that you take on a fitness challenge and sign up for one of Hospiscare’s walks or running challenges in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Hospiscare community fundraiser Susie Healey said: “Asking your family and friends to sponsor you will help you to train and keep you on track while helping us to raise funds to support local patients and their families. Whatever resolution you set for yourself on New Year’s Eve, you can get involved with this fun campaign and join us to Quit for a Bit.”
To get involved and Quit for a Bit call Susie Healey on 01392 688063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony