Hospiscare on the lookout for extra workers and volunteers for its shops
- Credit: Archant
A Hospiscare charity shop manager is urging others to join her in a job which makes a difference.
Claire Soper manages Hospiscare’s Ottery St Mary shop, one of 20 dotted around East Devon, which contribute to the £6million cost of running the wide variety of hospice services, including the Kings House Day Hospice, in Honiton.
“Working for Hospiscare is different to normal retail,” said Claire.
“Our shops are mainly staffed by volunteers and that makes for a friendly, fun atmosphere. Our volunteers look after me as much as I look after them.”
Claire worked as a charity shop manager before starting her family and working from home as a self-employed cook. When the children were older she got a job as a sales advisor in Hospiscare’s Exeter Fore Street shop.
You may also want to watch:
Claire’s granddad and mother-in-law were both cared for at Hospiscare’s Exeter hospice. The charity is looking new staff and volunteers for its retail shops. Anyone interested should call Hospiscare’s shops support officer, Tanya, on 01392 535051.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond