Hospiscare's plea for more plants
MIDWEEK Herald readers have responded to an SOS for plants – to ensure one of Hospiscare s biggest annual events goes ahead this year.
MIDWEEK Herald readers have responded to an SOS for plants - to ensure one of Hospiscare's biggest annual events goes ahead this year.
Eileen Rooke, chairman of Honiton Hospiscare, has received a good response after we published an appeal two weeks ago. However, she still needs more plants.
Without plants, there will be no giant plant sale - due to take place outside Honiton Baptist Church on Saturday, May 22.
A harsh winter, the coldest for 30 years, has been blamed for a reduction in promised donations for the event.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Rooke wants to hear from anybody who can grow cuttings or donate plants.
If you can help, call Mrs Rooke on (01404) 831866.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 8 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad