Hospiscare's plea for more plants
MIDWEEK Herald readers have responded to an SOS for plants – to ensure one of Hospiscare s biggest annual events goes ahead this year.
MIDWEEK Herald readers have responded to an SOS for plants - to ensure one of Hospiscare's biggest annual events goes ahead this year.
Eileen Rooke, chairman of Honiton Hospiscare, has received a good response after we published an appeal two weeks ago. However, she still needs more plants.
Without plants, there will be no giant plant sale - due to take place outside Honiton Baptist Church on Saturday, May 22.
A harsh winter, the coldest for 30 years, has been blamed for a reduction in promised donations for the event.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Rooke wants to hear from anybody who can grow cuttings or donate plants.
If you can help, call Mrs Rooke on (01404) 831866.
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 3 School recognised for appliance of science
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 6 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 7 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 8 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Author's school visit takes the biscuit