Hospiscare's plea for more plants
MIDWEEK Herald readers have responded to an SOS for plants – to ensure one of Hospiscare s biggest annual events goes ahead this year.
MIDWEEK Herald readers have responded to an SOS for plants - to ensure one of Hospiscare's biggest annual events goes ahead this year.
Eileen Rooke, chairman of Honiton Hospiscare, has received a good response after we published an appeal two weeks ago. However, she still needs more plants.
Without plants, there will be no giant plant sale - due to take place outside Honiton Baptist Church on Saturday, May 22.
A harsh winter, the coldest for 30 years, has been blamed for a reduction in promised donations for the event.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Rooke wants to hear from anybody who can grow cuttings or donate plants.
If you can help, call Mrs Rooke on (01404) 831866.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 9 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 10 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life