Hospital friends launch new fundraising bid
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Hospital League of Friends is looking to raise funds for nine television sets for beds on the medical ward.
Honiton Hospital League of Friends will be embarking on its latest fundraising campaign to improve patients stay at the town’s community hospital.
The group is looking to raise around £5,000 to install nine television sets and radios with headphones for each bed on the medical ward.
“It will create a home-from -home feeling for patients’ and will help them to pass the time of day,” says Graham Yeates, the secretary of the hospital’s league of friends.
The television sets will be free to use unlike those at other hospitals and mean that each patient in a shared room can have access to their own TV and radio without disturbing other patients on the ward. Fundraising efforts were kicked off at the league’s most recent summer fete, which raised more than £1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Hospital League of Friends recently purchased perpetual calendars, which will be put up shortly at the hospital.
Any local businesses or individuals that would like to sponsor a television or donate any money to the campaign are urged to get in touch with the League of Friends by contacting secretary Graham Yeates on email@example.com
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust