Host of prizes up for grabs at Honiton duck race
- Credit: Archant
The charity event will be held by Honiton Lions at the Otter Inn on Sunday, August 14.
A host of prizes will be up for grabs when Honiton and District Lions puts on its annual duck race at Weston.
The charity event will be held at the Otter Inn on Sunday, August 14.
The lions club has more than £500 available in prizes for the first eight ducks to cross the finishing line.
Lions will be selling tickets on the day at £1 each, with the ducks away at 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
The winning line is at the bridge over the River Otter.
All money raised from ticket sales and associated events goes into the community and regional charities.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
This year, Honiton Lions has chosen to support CLIC Sargent (Cancer and Leukaemia in Childhood).
The owner of the first-placed duck will win £150 cash. Second place is £100 in vouchers from Countrywide Farmers Honiton.
Third, fourth and fifth places win £50 cash, and sixth place wins a three-course meal for two at the Otter Inn.
The seventh and eighth place winners will receive a cash prize of £25.
Otter Brewery has also offered a gift pack for each of the first four winning ducks.