Hotel diners’ Olympic surprise
Lunch turned into something flaming brilliant at Monkton yesterday.
Diners at an East Devon hotel were given the opportunity of a lifetime when they spotted the Olympic torch being held by a runner.
The runner was posing for pictures in the grounds of the Monkton Court Hotel, near Honiton, yesterday (Wednesday) lunchtime when the hotel guests seized the opportunity to be pictured with the iconic flame themselves.
Stephen Tucker, Ann Norris, Jean Wheatley and Jenny Carter all posed for a picture.
Jenny Wheatley, co owner of the hotel, said: “It was something very impromptu.
You may also want to watch:
“A group of people were having a business meeting and one of them had been a runner for the Olympic relay.
“My mother was having lunch with some friends and looked out of the window and saw the man having his picture taken with the torch.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
“I never though i would get to touch the torch, but I did.”