Hotel diners’ Olympic surprise
Lunch turned into something flaming brilliant at Monkton yesterday.
Diners at an East Devon hotel were given the opportunity of a lifetime when they spotted the Olympic torch being held by a runner.
The runner was posing for pictures in the grounds of the Monkton Court Hotel, near Honiton, yesterday (Wednesday) lunchtime when the hotel guests seized the opportunity to be pictured with the iconic flame themselves.
Stephen Tucker, Ann Norris, Jean Wheatley and Jenny Carter all posed for a picture.
Jenny Wheatley, co owner of the hotel, said: “It was something very impromptu.
You may also want to watch:
“A group of people were having a business meeting and one of them had been a runner for the Olympic relay.
“My mother was having lunch with some friends and looked out of the window and saw the man having his picture taken with the torch.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
“I never though i would get to touch the torch, but I did.”