Hotel re-launched in Honiton
The Deer Park Country Hotel near Honiton has re-opened its doors after a �385,000 refurbishment.
Staff from the Deer Park Country Hotel near Honiton were all smiles after re-launching its new look facilities.
Local business owners were invited to take a look inside the 18th century Georgian house, which has reopened after �385,000 investment and refurbishment.
As part of the facelift, the ground floor, including its two lounges, reception area, restaurant and ground floor bedroom were refurbished, adding a touch of modern elegance to the hotels historic roots.
The other bedrooms and bathrooms also received a major overhaul.
General manager Peter Yon said: “The changes are so amazing they have made a difference to the hotel.
“The customers really like what they see and we have tried to keep the tradition of the place and modernise it slightly to appeal to a younger clientele as well.
- 1 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 2 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 3 Campsite bid for farm to boost business
- 4 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 5 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 6 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 7 Careless charity shop donors are costing Devon Air Ambulance money
- 8 Honiton slip to home defeat against brilliant Bovey
- 9 Dramatic departure of six Honiton councillors after council tax vote
- 10 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park
“The important thing with the renovations was to keep the atmosphere of the hotel.
“Hopefully, there will be ongoing renovations to complete the hotel.”
The hotel will be holding a teddy bears’ picnic on Monday, May 30, to raise money for Honiton Primary School.