Hotel re-launched in Honiton
The Deer Park Country Hotel near Honiton has re-opened its doors after a �385,000 refurbishment.
Staff from the Deer Park Country Hotel near Honiton were all smiles after re-launching its new look facilities.
Local business owners were invited to take a look inside the 18th century Georgian house, which has reopened after �385,000 investment and refurbishment.
As part of the facelift, the ground floor, including its two lounges, reception area, restaurant and ground floor bedroom were refurbished, adding a touch of modern elegance to the hotels historic roots.
The other bedrooms and bathrooms also received a major overhaul.
You may also want to watch:
General manager Peter Yon said: “The changes are so amazing they have made a difference to the hotel.
“The customers really like what they see and we have tried to keep the tradition of the place and modernise it slightly to appeal to a younger clientele as well.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Runner-up spot for Honiton team
“The important thing with the renovations was to keep the atmosphere of the hotel.
“Hopefully, there will be ongoing renovations to complete the hotel.”
The hotel will be holding a teddy bears’ picnic on Monday, May 30, to raise money for Honiton Primary School.