House fire in Honiton

PUBLISHED: 09:19 10 May 2012 | UPDATED: 16:51 10 May 2012

�

Archant

Dogs rescued from blaze.

Four dogs were rescued and one man was treated for smoke inhalation following a house fire in Honiton this morning (Thursday).

Firefighters from Honiton attended the incident in Langford Avenue at 6.13am after receiving a report from a neighbour about smoke coming from a property.

Fire crews had to force entry into the house and found a fire in a woodburning stove which had filled the ground floor.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

One man was also treated for smoke inhalation.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald