Householder treated after washer-dryer fire at Axminster

PUBLISHED: 11:07 22 August 2016 | UPDATED: 15:50 22 August 2016

�

Archant

Occupant suffered affects of smoke inhalation following the blaze

A person was treated for the affects of smoke inhalation after a washer-dryer caught alight at Axminster

Local firefighters and two appliances from Charmouth attended the incident at around 1pm on Saturday (August 20) at Bleachfield Rise.

On arrival the crews confirmed that there had been a small fire involving a washer dryer and clothing but that the fire was out.

The property was ventilated and checked by fire crews using two breathing apparatus and a thermal image camera.

One person was treated by Ambulance personnel for smoke inhalation.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald