Householder treated after washer-dryer fire at Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Occupant suffered affects of smoke inhalation following the blaze
A person was treated for the affects of smoke inhalation after a washer-dryer caught alight at Axminster
Local firefighters and two appliances from Charmouth attended the incident at around 1pm on Saturday (August 20) at Bleachfield Rise.
On arrival the crews confirmed that there had been a small fire involving a washer dryer and clothing but that the fire was out.
The property was ventilated and checked by fire crews using two breathing apparatus and a thermal image camera.
You may also want to watch:
One person was treated by Ambulance personnel for smoke inhalation.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020