Housing group staff dress down to raise �2,000
Magna cash is shared between Help for Heroes and hospital mammography machine appeal
STAFF at Magna Housing Group dressed down to send charity collections soaring.
They raised �2,000 for Help for Heroes and the Boost appeal for a mammography machine at Dorset County Hospital.
The money was collected by staff on their dress-down days at the end of every month, when they each pay �1 to come in casual clothes.
Even those who don’t dress down are encouraged to make a donation.
You may also want to watch:
Staff from across Devon, Dorset and Somerset get involved and vote for a different charity each year. This year, Help for Heroes and the hospital appeal received the same number of votes so the money was split equally between them.
The money was presented to Wendy Nightingale from Boost and Shelagh Addy from Help for Heroes by Magna staff.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust