How to keep ahead of the crooks!
- Credit: Archant
Axminster police offer security advice and property marking at Hawkchurch and Stockland
Don’t wait to become a victim of crime before thinking about security.
That’s the message from Axminster’s neighbourhood policing team, which is planning to show people how to keep one step ahead of the crooks.
Officers will be holding two crime prevention open days in the coming days – at Hawkchurch and Stockland.
Residents are being invited to drop in for a cuppa and an informal chat, and the team will also be offering a free property marking service.
You may also want to watch:
Any items brought along will be stamped with a state-of-the-art engraving machine. People with larger items they want to have marked can book a home visit by an officer.
The Hawkchurch open day takes place in the village hall on Saturday, April 6, from 9am to 5pm. At Stockland the session is on Saturday, April 13, also in the village hall, between 10am and 4pm.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
An Axminster police spokesman said: “The message is please don’t wait until you become a victim of crime before you think about your home security.
Take 10 minutes to come and see what you can do to prevent becoming a victim in the first place.