Cliff fall blocks beach between Branscombe and Sidmouth
- Credit: Paul Newman
A massive cliff fall has blocked the beach between Branscombe and Weston Mouth, east of Sidmouth.
Beer Coastguard rescue unit is warning people that there are ‘huge rocks’ on the slope that could fall ‘at any time’.
Their advice to coastal walkers is not to go near the landslide.
A spokesman for the team said: “Please keep away from this area - both the clifftop and the beach.”
A spokesman for East Devon District Council said the area was not under its control but was owned by the National Trust.
You may also want to watch:
No one from the National Trust was currently available to comment.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 4 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 7 Local Football Results
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 10 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph