Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall supports Food for Life Partnership
HUGH Fearnley-Whittingstall is backing a food project, which St Andrew s Primary School in Chardstock is part of.
HUGH Fearnley-Whittingstall is backing a food project, which St Andrew's Primary School in Chardstock is part of.
The Food for Life Partnership is a network of more than 2,000 schools and communities across the country, committed to transforming food culture.
The scheme aims to reconnect young people with farms and inspire families to cook and grow.
The project has just been nominated for the National Lottery Awards - and needs people to vote for it.
The celebrity chef said: "What makes this project so inspiring is the way that young people in more than 2,000 schools are now learning about real food in a hands-on way - growing and cooking it themselves and even rearing their own chickens."
All schools can join the Food for Life Partnership and receive support, guidance and resources to transform their food culture. This has been made possible by the five-year lottery-funding the programme has received.
- 1 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 2 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 3 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire
- 4 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 5 Property of the Week: Meadow Road, Seaton
- 6 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 7 Village fundraisers are rewarded as new play park opens
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
- 10 Lacemaker whose skills were admired by the Royal family
* The winning project in each category of the National Lottery Awards will receive national recognition on a star-studded BBC 1 TV show later this year.
* Voting for the semi-finals starts at 9am on Tuesday 1 June and ends midday on Friday 18 June. To register your vote for the Food for Life Partnership call 0844 686 1435 or log on to www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards