I admire courage of Honiton councillors
Council firmly behind centre plans, says Payhembury resident.
How good to see that Honiton Town Council has voted to seek planning permission for the new community centre.
The fact that the vote was heavily in favour of this move shows that, at last, the town council is firmly behind the proposal.
Your newspaper has constantly given prominence to the no-sayers and sceptics who have tried to undermine the council’s wish to provide a suitable community hall space for the town. Your very large headline ’Reckless’ bid gets go-ahead hits readers unduly with the views of one member of the public but with a vote of eleven to three in favour, it is clear that the great majority of councillors have the vision to see Honiton provided with a flexible and much needed community space.
I admire their courage and look forward to visiting and using a vibrant and long-awaited facility.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery