I admire courage of Honiton councillors
Council firmly behind centre plans, says Payhembury resident.
How good to see that Honiton Town Council has voted to seek planning permission for the new community centre.
The fact that the vote was heavily in favour of this move shows that, at last, the town council is firmly behind the proposal.
Your newspaper has constantly given prominence to the no-sayers and sceptics who have tried to undermine the council’s wish to provide a suitable community hall space for the town. Your very large headline ’Reckless’ bid gets go-ahead hits readers unduly with the views of one member of the public but with a vote of eleven to three in favour, it is clear that the great majority of councillors have the vision to see Honiton provided with a flexible and much needed community space.
I admire their courage and look forward to visiting and using a vibrant and long-awaited facility.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Sidmouth and Ottery hockey stung by Hornets
- 9 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes