I haven’t lost my marbles
It’s the start of a new year in the church.
No, the Vicar hasn’t lost his marbles – the church year officially began on the Sunday just gone, Advent Sunday.
It’s the start of a new cycle of readings, a new set of church seasons and of the lead up to one of the most important parts of the church year. Christmas, of course.
Christmas is the beginning of the story of the church; though the big story began many hundreds of years before that with the history of our Jewish ancestors which starts in the book of Genesis.
The story of our Christian faith starts anew with God coming as a human being to share our lives and bring us life in all its fullness.
You may also want to watch:
So we start again at Advent, preparing for Christmas and celebrating the new life God offers when we allow him into our lives. A happy, holy and blessed Advent to you all!
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal