Improved services at Honiton Surgery
Patients to benefit from investment in modern services.
Easy-to-use equipment has been installed at Honiton Surgery so anyone aged between 18 and 80 can take their own blood pressure.
Dr Fiona Short demonstrated how easy the machine is to use when she showed off the brand new facility to the Midweek Herald last week.
Occasionally, patients’ blood pressure can go up when a doctor or nurse carries out the test.
Now they can use a private room to take their own blood pressure any afternoon between 2pm and 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
The surgery says full instructions are provided and that help is close by, if needed.
In addition, leaflets about managing blood pressure, diet, exercise and medications are available.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 10 William conquers 200 books
If you would like to use the machine, just ask at the reception.
Honiton Surgery is seeking a new partner. Dr Rachel Maclachlen will leave the practice, due to a relocation, on June 11 after three years’ service to the local community.
Dr Short said: “We are going to miss her.
“We are currently interviewing for her replacement, who will start at the beginning of September.
“Cover has been arranged for the summer.”
Honiton Surgery has introduced telephone consultations in response to patient feedback.
Anybody with a problem they feel can be dealt with over the telephone can request one of the new consultations - and avoid an unnecessary journey to the surgery.
The surgery is also proposing to start a text service to remind people about appointments.
If you would like to be included in the service, pick up a consent form from the surgery.