IN PICTURES: Dramatic fire scenes near Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Tractor and hay trailer blaze on the Honiton to Sidmouth road
Firefighters were called to a blaze involving a tractor towing a trailer with hay near the Hare and Hounds pub on the Hontion to Sidmouth Road yesterday evening (Wednesday, July 30).
Two fire appliances from Honiton station were mobilised. On arrival, crews confirmed one tractor and trailer carrying large amounts of hay well alight.
Crews used compressed air foam, two breathing apparatus sets and two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
Crews requested the attendance of a water carrier due to the amounts of hay alight.
Steady progress was made throughout the job turning over and damping down the hay using drag forks.
Highways agency were informed due to the damage to the road caused by the incident.
- 1 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 2 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 3 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 Honiton history: Four generations of the Hussey family auctions
- 6 Happy Hippos all set for Peninsula push
- 7 Seaton ladies storm into semi-finals of Top Club competition
- 8 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 9 All aboard! new halt for Seaton Tramway
- 10 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
The tractor, trailer and hay was completely destroyed by fire.
Crews handed the incident over to the Devon County highways before leaving the scene