Inferno rips through lorry at Honiton industrial estate
- Credit: Archant
These images show the torched remains of a large lorry which was destroyed in an early morning blaze.
Firefighters rushed to the scene, at Heathpark Industrial Estate, at 2.43am on Tuesday (May 22) - prompting concerned residents to take to social media questioning the disruption.
Initially crews from Honiton and Colyton attended the scene, but three further appliances were called from Ottery St Mary, Middlemoor and Sidmouth.
An aerial ladder platform was also requested from Danes Castle in Exeter.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: “A building used for plumbing supplies was slightly damaged by fire and a large articulated lorry outside the building was completely destroyed.
You may also want to watch:
“There was also substantial smoke damage to the building.”#
Firefighters extinguished the blaze using three main jets, hose reel jets, small tools and three firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
They then remained at the scene for several hours ventilating properties and investigating for any further risk to property.
Police were also in attendance.
The cause of this fire has been confirmed as accidental.
See more here: https://bit.ly/2IFyAyK