Injured beach walker airlifted to hospital
Coastguard helicopter scrambled after woman breaks her leg in a fall on the beach near Charmouth
A woman had to be airlifted to hospital after falling and breaking her leg on the beach between Lyme Regis and Charmouth yesterday afternoon (Sunday).
The coastguard rescued helicopter flew the victim to Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester at around 2pm.
Lyme Coastguards assisted at the Charmouth end and Wyke Coastguards attended the hospital landing site.
South Western Ambulance transferred her to the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters