Injured beach walker airlifted to hospital
Coastguard helicopter scrambled after woman breaks her leg in a fall on the beach near Charmouth
A woman had to be airlifted to hospital after falling and breaking her leg on the beach between Lyme Regis and Charmouth yesterday afternoon (Sunday).
The coastguard rescued helicopter flew the victim to Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester at around 2pm.
Lyme Coastguards assisted at the Charmouth end and Wyke Coastguards attended the hospital landing site.
South Western Ambulance transferred her to the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington