Inspectors feel “the buzz” at Colyton Primary
Ofsted team praise pupils and staff for creating a “vibrant and caring” community
COLYTON Primary School has been rated as “good” on all levels by independent inspectors.
The latest Ofsted report concludes there if a real “buzz of enthusiasm” there.
Overall provision at every stage, including the early years foundation stage, was judged to be good.
Achievement and progress was also deemed good and the report noted that each is rapidly accelerating.
You may also want to watch:
Good teaching was seen as a key strength with particular praise for the way in which lessons engage pupils.
The children were praised for their good behaviour and consideration for each other, contributing to the school being a “vibrant and caring community”.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
The inspection team praised the school’s cross-curricular programme and its effective guidance and good social, moral and cultural education.
Acting Head, Connel Boyle, said: “This is a good school that wants the best for its pupils. The key action points from the inspection endorse targets that were already in the school’s improvement plan. The action points are to develop cross curricular links in mathematics and to build on current work to provide additional challenge through assessment.”
Governors’ chairman Bob Collier said: “Being judged to be good in so many areas is pleasing but just as important is the fact that the school is seen as having the strengths to go on and further improve as our aim is to be outstanding. We have an exceptionally committed staff and the future of our school is very bright.”