Insurance company offers emergency advice
Close your curtains and blinds!
As gales continue to batter East Devon, an insurance company has issued emergency advice to homeowners.
Swinton is urging local residents to protect their homes.
Close all doors and windows in heavy winds. It is also a good idea to close the curtains or blinds because if anything does come through the window, this will stop the glass flying everywhere.
You may also want to watch:
Ensure you have a torch and candles, heavy winds can bring down power lines causing blackouts.
Ensure fence panels, outdoor furniture and anything else that could be lifted in a strong wind is secure.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
Steve Chelton, claims manager at Swinton, said: “Storm damage is generally an automatic inclusion to household policies but it’s always a good idea to double check your policy to ensure you are adequately covered.”