International musician electrifies Honiton
Andreas Boyde amazes audiences during a special memorial recital.
INTERNATIONAL pianist Andreas Boyde filled Honiton with the sound of music in a special memorial recital.
The Steinway artist or Monsieur 100,000 as he has been hailed by critics gave an electrifying performance to a packed crowd in St Paul’s Church.
The concert, which was in aid of Hospiscare, was a tribute to his dear friend and fellow musician Joanna Leach.
Joanna, who moved to Shute in 2000, with her husband, Mike Beville, died in April after battling cancer.
You may also want to watch:
During the concert Andreas amazed audiences with a selection of five works including Brahms Scherzo, Haydn Sonata in C major, Liszt and Schumann, which he selected himself.
A delicious buffet was provided after the recital and the food was prepared and served by a team of Hospiscare volunteers.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
It is not yet known how much money was raised for the charity however, a second recital has been planned for early next year.